DO I HAVE PATIENTS WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?
• Pain persisting beyond normal healing time and longer than 3 months.
• VAS consistently higher than 5/10
• Long term high use medication.
• Pain focused behaviour
• Possible secondary psychological factors
• Reduction in activities of daily living
‘I HAVE A PATIENT WHO WILL BENEFIT FROM EPS PERSISTING PAIN PROGRAM
SO WHAT NEXT….’
SIMPLE - For your patient to benefit from EPS Persisting Pain program they will need a GP/NTD referral.
In the case of a Work Cover claim, the WorkCover certificate must state “Effective Pain Solutions - pain program” referral. Referring letter including all relevant claim details are desirable.
If private, then a referral letter with relevant health history, medications and presenting issues.
From there EPS does the rest.
EPS PERSISTING PAIN PROGRAM OUTCOMES
positive change in the everyday experience of pain through:
• Improved self-management skills
• Improved functional capacity
Leading to a reduction in:
• reliance on pain medication
• depression and anxiety levels
Subsequently resulting in:
• Improve quality of life
EPS Persisting Pain Program is achieving up
to 83% positive change in quality of life and functional capacity scores.